Asia-Pacific Drying Conference (ADC)
After a successful launch in 1978 of the IDS series of biennial conferences devoted to drying science, engineering and technology, Professor Mujumdar used to receive numerous suggestions and requests to hold a similar meeting in Asia as interested researchers could not afford to travel far to venues in the USA, Europe or Australia for IDS meetings. This motivated Professor Abdul Kamaruddin of Bogor University in Indonesia and Professor Mujumdar to establish the Asia-Pacific Drying Conference series in 1997. The first meeting was held in Bali. Later meetings were held in Malaysia (twice), India (twice), China, Thailand, Hong Kong, and the 2021 ADC will be held in Viet Nam.
The most recent ADC was held in Vadodara, India, with major international and industry participation. Reports on various ADC meetings have appeared in the archival journal Drying Technology. Selected peer-reviewed papers presented at various ADC conferences have appeared in this journal.
Upcoming ADC Conference
- The 11th Asia-Pacific Drying Conference (ADC2021) will be organized by Nong Lam University, Vietnam.
- Professor Vinh Truong made the proposal to host ADC2021 in Vietnam.
- The theme for ADC2021 will be “Innovative Drying Technologies for High-value End Products and Drying Efficiency”.
- More information will be available soon at Nong Lam University Website and at www.arunmujumdar.com.
Previous ADC Conferences:
10th ADC (ADC2019):
- The 10th Asia-Pacific Drying Conference (ADC2019) was successfully organized by the National Institute of Technology Rourkela (Odisha), India on December 14 to 17, 2019 at Lukshmi Vilas Palace, Vadodara (Gujarat), India.
- The conference was inaugurated in the presence of Prof. Arun S. Mujumdar, Founding Chair of the Asia Pacific Drying Conference (ADC) Series and International Drying Symposium (IDS) Series; and Professor Vijaya Raghavan of McGill University, Montreal, Canada as a guest of honor.
- The conference received 152 abstracts from 17 countries (09 Asian countries and 08 Non-Asian countries). There were two plenary sessions and 14 oral sessions with a total of 44 oral presentations and 16 keynote lectures. Additionally, 67 posters were presented in four-poster sessions as well as active participation from 17 companies as listeners. A total of 163 delegates participated, out of which 124 were from academic and research organizations and, 39 from industries (Participant pic).
- Professor Arun S. Mujumdar and Professor Vijaya Raghavan delivered the plenary lectures entitled “Innovation in Drying Technologies – Status, Needs and Opportunities” and “Capacity Building for Sustainable Food Security and Safety”, respectively. The delegates were motivated by the innovative and visionary ideas of the plenary speakers about drying technologies and sustainable food security.
- Click here for the ADC2019 conference report.
9th ADC (ADC2017):
9th Asia Pacific Drying Conference (ADC2017), Wuxi, China from September 24-27, 2017. Click here for more details about ADC2017.
8th ADC (ADC2015):
8th Asia Pacific Drying Conference (ADC2015), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from August 10-12, 2015. Click here for more details about ADC2015.
7th ADC (ADC2011):
7th Asia Pacific Drying Conference (ADC2011), Tianjin, China from September 18-20, 2011. Click here for more details about ADC2011.
6th ADC (ADC2009):
6th Asia Pacific Drying Conference (ADC2009), Bangkok, Thailand from October 19-21, 2009. Click here for more details about ADC2009.
5th ADC (ADC2007):
5th Asia Pacific Drying Conference (ADC2007), Hong Kong, China from August 13-15, 2007. Click here for more details about ADC2007.
4th ADC (ADC2005):
4th Asia Pacific Drying Conference (ADC2005), ……………………………………………. Click here for more details about ADC2005.
3rd ADC (ADC2003):
3rd Asia Pacific Drying Conference (ADC2003), Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand from September 1 – 3, 2003. Click here for more details about ADC2003.
2nd ADC (ADC2001):
2nd Asia Pacific Drying Conference (ADC2001), ……………………………………………. Click here for more details about ADC2001.
1st ADC (ADC1999):
1st Asia Pacific Drying Conference (ADC1999), ……………………………………………. Click here for more details about ADC1999.