Awards and Honors of Prof. Mujumdar
In this section, some selected awards and honors of Prof. Mujumdar are listed. For more information, please reach Prof. Mujumdar at firstname.lastname@example.org
Medals awarded to Prof. Mujumdar by the Government of China, 2014
- October 2014 Prof. Mujumdar received China Government’s highest award for Foreign Nationals – Friendship Award- on September 30, 2014. The Gold Medal with plaque was presented by the Deputy Prime Minister. A reception was held by the Prime Minister. Awardees also attended a grand banquet where the President of China spoke to some 3500 invitees. Click here
- January 2014 Professor Mujumdar was presented China’s highest award for International Cooperation in Science & Technology on January 2014 in Beijing. The President, Prime Minister, as well as the cabinet of PRC, attended this August event in the famous People ‘s Hall on Tianamin Square. Click here
- January 13, 2014, Jiangnan University, Wuxi, Jiangsu Province, China conferred Honorary Professorship on him. This is the highest honor given by the University and previous recipients include several Nobel Laureates. Click here
- Poster showing various Awards Conferred on Prof. Mujumdar in 2012. Click here
- Prof. Mujumdar is included in the 2000 Outstanding Intellectuals of the 20th Century by the International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England. Click here to view the award plaque.
- 10 Years of Service Award from the National University of Singapore. Click here to view the award plaque.
- Lifetime Achievement Award presented in IDS 2012 in recognition of outstanding, lifetime contribution to drying technology and to the international drying community. Click here to view the certificate.
- Certificate of Appreciation from ACS for the valuable contribution and dedicated service in peer review of manuscripts submitted to ACS journals. Click here to view the certificate.
- Poster showing various Awards Conferred on Prof. Mujumdar in 2010. Click here
- Professor Mujumdar receives the Mars Lifetime Achievement Award from IDS2010. Click here for details.
Professor Mujumdar: World’s Top Contributor to Archival Literature in Drying
- According to Scopus, December 2013, Professor Mujumdar has published 304 peer-reviewed papers on basic and applied topics in DRYING since 1977.
- This number does not include his other contributions to drying literature in the form of authored books (3), edited books (~60), Handbook of Industrial Drying (4 editions since 1987), author of some 120+ book chapters and as Editor-in-Chief of Drying Technology-An International Journal that has published over 3240 peer-reviewed papers during his term since 1988.
- Click here to view the Award Certificate.
Platinum Award of Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai, May 21, 2009
- Professor Mujumdar, an alumnus of the University Department of Chemical Technology (UDCT)- now given full University Status- has selected Prof. Mujumdar for its highest honor viz. Platinum Award, to commemorate its Platinum Jubilee. The award presentation was held in Mumbai and the Honorable Governor of the State of Maharashtra made the presentation. The awardees list includes individuals who are globally recognized.
- Brief Introduction of Prof. Mujumdar. Click here.
- Platinum Award Certificate. Click here.
- Related reports: http://www.eng.nus.edu.sg/ero/
Taylor & Francis Award, 2008
- Prof. Mujumdar was among the first two recipients of the Taylor & Francis Award for Excellence in Drying Research and Contribution to Drying Technology Journal and dissemination of knowledge. Prof. Z. B. Maroulis of the National Technical University of Athens was also awarded T&F plaque for being the second most published author of the Drying Technology Journal after Prof. Mujumdar, who has contributed over 100 full papers since the journal was founded in 1982. It is noteworthy that the journal has published over 2200 refereed papers to date with some 90 percent of them since Prof. Mujumdar took over the editorship from Dr. Carl W. Hall who was the Founding Editor. The journal impact factor has been rising steadily and now stands at 1.17.